Sound Payments Officially Releases First Sound POS System Updates for 2024
Updates are Part of a Long-term Plan to Enhance and Grow the POS
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (Jan. 17, 2024) – Sound Payments, a processor-agnostic POS and payments software and technology provider, released the first series of updates today to its Sound POS system, which includes return/refund and manual entry categorization, POS migration, and pay out reporting for up to a two-year period.
Additionally, Sound Payments is bringing the Elys 1400 and tablet, E700 Mini, and A800 into the line of hardware options. Diversity in hardware options is another priority and resellers should expect to see further announcements as it relates to hardware.
“You’ve been asking and we are listening,” said Andrew Russell, CEO of Sound Payments. “We wanted to start the year with a number of enhancements to demonstrate our commitment to our resellers. This is just the beginning of updates and announcements for Sound POS in 2024.”
- Return categories — Merchants can now set up unique categories for returns (i.e. didn’t fit, wrong color, defective, etc.) and they can choose whether to send it back to inventory. A new report was also added so they can see why things are being returned.
- Categorization of manually entered items – When merchants manually enter an item that is not in regular inventory (i.e. weighted candy like fudge that’s individually priced), the system will pop up a drop-down list of their already established categories and allow them to choose it.
- POS migration template – This allows merchants to import their customer, inventory, and transaction history to our system. The templates are a mapping guide for each section. It is seamless, without much intervention on the part of the operator.
- Payout report will pull data for up to 2 years – This makes end of year reporting easier.
- Advanced printing at check-out — this allows the merchant to choose specific printers to print to after a sale in a multiple printer environment such as a restaurant with multiple kitchens.
For more details on these enhancements, visit the 2024 updates page.
The Sound POS team will continually roll out enhancements to the Sound POS platform in 2024. Recently they delivered a tobacco rebate program and also released pricing functionality updates for the POS platform.
Sound Payments is committed to support and will initiate free monthly merchant trainings in addition to the one-on-one trainings that are already available. Our team is adding boarding and deployment to our list of services to support our resellers.
Sound POS accepts any payment method, including card payments -magnetic, chip and contactless, and QR code payment – ApplePay, GooglePay, SamsungPay, UnionPay, WeChat and Alipay. The system allows merchants to remotely manage inventory, pricing and discounts, run reports and sales trends — all in real-time through our cloud portal.
Resellers in the payments industry choose Sound POS for its ease of use, including the ability to transfer devices to a different merchant. Sound POS offers a white label option, a lower price point, a processor-neutral approach, the cloud-based platform and system options such as cash discounting.
Meet us in Puerto Rico in January
The Sound POS team will be at RSPA’s Inspire conference January 28-31 in Puerto Rico. To set up an in-person meeting and demo, email us at [email protected].
About Sound Payments
Sound Payments is a software provider for niche markets and is processor agnostic. We are proud to have products and services in numerous business lines. Sound POS is a cost-effective, all-in-one POS that gives greater flexibility and more tools for stores to run their business. For more information about Sound POS, visit www.soundpayments.com.