As the President and CEO of CyberMoney® Rob Hanlon is leading his organization as they deploy a revolutionary and disruptive payment platform to fulfill market demands created by fundamental changes in consumer behavior and business needs. An executive leader who combines deep technical expertise, broad business experience and trust-based relationships to drive transformation resulting in extraordinary growth and profitability. Experienced leading large multi-national organizations through growth, M&A due diligence and integration, while successfully delivering strategic programs on a global scale. Rob most recently served as Chief Information Officer of Treehouse Foods (NYSE: THS) where he held full accountability for information technology and M&A transition services.
[mkdf_separator class_name=”” type=”normal” position=”center” color=”” border_style=”” width=”” thickness=”” top_margin=”” bottom_margin=””]
What recent and emerging trends are you seeing in digital commerce globally?
The most visible digital commerce trends revolve around a number of short term and long term strategies coming into focus, including:
- New and intuitive ways for consumers/users to pay for goods and services with lower costs to merchants, reducing pain suffered by SMB brick/mortar merchants due to shrinking margins from increasing operating costs
- New methods to reverse consumers loss of buying power due to inflationary pressures from supply chain disruption
- Rethinking of global commerce channel movements towards a more nationalist domestic approach
- The emergence of new digital currency modalities that enable digital commerce constructs within the nascent metaverse, and traditional commerce markets, while competing with traditional global trading platforms, financial/equity markets and central banks/financial systems predicated upon fiat currencies.
What are some of the biggest challenges facing merchants and consumers in the current environment?
- Consumer Choice – Consumers have increasing options for making payments and merchants need to meet consumers at their choice preference. Competition for consumer attention and loyalty has never been higher. Merchants that create connection and common purpose from the consumer perspective will win.
- Increasing Cost of Consumer Capture and Retention – Consumer switching costs for credit rail products is approaching zero. The incentives to attract and retain consumer payment loyalty continue to increase. Along with increasing fraud, payment delinquency and other cost drivers, costs continue to rise for merchants who must meet a consumer at their payment modality of choice.
- Declining Merchant Influence – Increasing consumer expectation for payment choice, compensation for loyalty, and a frictionless and secure digital payment experience create pressures for businesses to serve customers without eroding margins. Currently the merchant has very little ability to influence the payment stack focused on increasing customer retention and preserving profitability. Each participant in the “payment stack” is focused on their territory and profit, leaving little room for the merchant sitting at the bottom of the stack.
How does CyberMoney help merchants cut costs and improve security with cross-border commerce?
CyberMoney operates within the Federal Reserve system and OCC regulatory structures, while focusing upon strengthening the relationship between consumers and merchants.
How does CyberMoney improve the mobile commerce customer experience?
CyberMoney is an omni-channel payment solution focused on creating connection between the consumer and merchant. Once connected by way of the CyberMoney iOS or Android consumer app, the consumer can pay a participating merchant via the merchant’s mobile device, eCommerce site, merchant mobile app, or merchant POS system all without additional equipment or devices. Additionally, the app allows merchant’s to share with consumers during payment, incentives, promotions, and shared purpose, creating affinity and connection helping the consumer understand what their commerce is supporting.
What is unique about your solution?
The CyberMoney mission is focused on merchants and helping them connect with consumers while preserving margins being eroded by traditional payment rails and increasing merchant responsibility for fraud and disputes. Our tag line is, “Serving Consumers by Serving Merchants”. We believe the future is focused on helping merchants serve, connect and build affinity with their customers.
What are some of the benefits that CyberMoney offers to sales channel partners, resellers and distributors?
CyberMoney is not a “Lone Wolf” in the payments ecosystem. CyberMoney seeks to integrate with partners serving the participants in the payment process. We believe everyone has a role to play and our belief is that everyone can participate while we help merchants connect with consumers. Every partner connecting consumers and merchants today has an important role to play and will benefit in the CyberMoney world.
Which attractions are you looking forward to seeing at MPC22?
CyberBanque/CyberMoney is a unique enterprise having participated in industry events as a charter member of the Federal Reserve Faster Payment Task Force and US Faster Payments Council. We also are proud of our industry advisors who believe in our mission and have committed to the success of CyberMoney. We also look forward to engaging and hearing more from industry leaders. MPC has always brought together thought leaders, innovation and visionaries creating a compelling forum to engage. We are excited to play a role and engage with new partners and old friends.