Boise, Idaho – March 7, 2019 – Kount, a global leader in digital fraud prevention, announced its CEO Bradley J. Wiskirchen is the only executive from the fraud control industry engaged in the International Monetary Fund’s (IMF) High-Level Advisory Group on Finance and Technology. Following the launch of the Bali Fintech Agenda, the group held its second gathering of key stakeholders in financial technology. As the IMF indicated in a release March 1, the group identified data and cybersecurity as key areas of focus for technological innovation.
The IMF estimates approximately 1.7 billion adults worldwide don’t have access to financial services. The Bali Fintech Agenda outlines 12 policy elements intended to support major social and economic impacts of empowering this population. This effort will help IMF member countries harness the benefits and opportunities of fintech, while at the same time managing the inherent risks as they rapidly transform the provision of banking services.
Among the 19 members of the Advisory Group are experts and respected leaders from across finance and technology fields as well as officials from national authorities and international organizations, lawyers, and academics. Representatives in the group include Chris Larsen, Executive Chairman, Ripple.com; Alibaba Digital Economy Institute President Dr. Long Chen; and Sharon Yang, Deputy Assistant Secretary, International Financial Markets, US Treasury.
As cyberattacks continue to increase in frequency and sophistication, the committee recognized a need to address questions regarding data ownership, use, access, and protection. Wiskirchen has deep expertise in these areas and previously served as Chairman of the Board for the Salt Lake City Branch of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
By deepening the IMF’s understanding of machine learning and digital fraud prevention, Wiskirchen hopes his participation in this group will ultimately support merchants, vendors, banks, and agencies worldwide in their effort to protect their digital innovation.
“Kount protects the digital innovation of more than 6,500 customers across 180 countries, and without exception, I see a pervasive focus on data protection and fraud prevention,” said Wiskirchen. “From new account creation to account takeover, companies’ vigilance must extend beyond chargebacks and payment fraud. Protecting and securing their customers’ and partners’ information is paramount to their success.”
About Kount: Kount’s award-winning digital fraud prevention solutions are used by 6,500 brands globally, helping them to reach their digital innovation goals. Kount’s patented technology combines device fingerprinting, supervised and unsupervised machine learning, a robust policy and rules engine, self-service analytics, and a web-based case-management and investigation system. Kount’s solutions stop fraud and increase revenue for digital businesses, acquiring banks, and payment service providers. www.kount.com
Per the IMF Announcement, the following individuals comprise the High-Level Advisory Group:
- Jeremy Allaire, Chief Executive Officer, Circle
- Dr. Long Chen, President, Alibaba Digital Economy Institute (formerly Chief Strategy
- Officer of Ant Financial Services Group)
- Santiago Fernandez de Lis, Chief Economist of Financial Systems and Regulation, BBVA
- Robert Garrison, Managing Director and Chief Information Officer, Depository Trust and Clearing Corporation
- Sharon Yang, Deputy Assistant Secretary, International Financial Markets, US Treasury
- Erwin Haryono, Head of Fintech Office, Bank Indonesia
- Chris Larsen, Executive Chairman, Ripple
- Klaus M. Löber, Head of Oversight Division, Directorate General Market Infrastructure and Payments, European Central Bank
- Adam Ludwin, Chief Executive Office, Chain
- Blythe Masters, Board Member, Digital Asset
- Greg Medcraft, Director, Directorate for Financial and Enterprise Affairs, Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development
- Professor Robert Merton, MIT Sloan
- Sopnendu Mohanty, Chief Fintech Officer, Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Mu Changchun, Deputy Director-General of the Payment and Settlement Department, People’s Bank of China
- Patrick Murck, Fellow at the Harvard Berkman Klein Center
- Marco Santori, President and Chief Legal Officer, Blockchain.com
- Carolyn Wilkins, Senior Deputy Governor, Bank of Canada
- Bradley J. Wiskirchen, Chief Executive Officer, Kount
- Nasir Zubairi, Chief Executive Officer, Luxembourg House of Financial Technology